Sunday, March 04, 2007

T-minus 11 hours, 30 minutes


Appropriately so, today is March 4th (Exelauno Day for those of you who understand). Today (well, tomorrow), I am "marching forth" to my new home in Nicaragua. I'm ready to go, my bags are packed and in my hands (temporarily for this picture), and I've quelled my general feelings of nervousness for the time being. I'm going to San Juan del Sur to work on a water filtration project with the Newton-San Juan del Sur Sister City Project (click here for their website) as a Richard D. Lombard Public Service Fellow from Dartmouth. I'll be there from tomorrow morning (March 5) until August 1. I'll be updating this blog during my trip with pictures and commentary so if you want to see how my trip is progressing, bookmark this page and visit it weekly.

That's all for now. Wish me a safe flight!

3 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Elmer Bartek said...

Have a safe Flight to Managua! (Since I already KNOW you've done OK to Atlanta....). It's worth repeating: Our love goes with you!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Hey Matthew! I'm really happy for you (and a bit jealous!). You'll have a great time and experience. Take care and I hope to see you posting in Spanish in a couple months time!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger PhilB said...

20070313
Take care of yourself Matt. Jealousy abounds here in The Burgh. Good news here is that the Peguins are staying in town. Hooray. We'll check this blog periodically to keep up on all your exciting adventures.
Uncle Phil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home